Monday, January 23, 2012

Tomato-palooza

I am a lover of traditions. I always have been. Ever since I was a little girl there were certain things I looked forward to and that I counted on happening every year. Like: my mom making monkey bread every Sunday morning of General Conference, making caramel apples during October General Conference, Buying Girls scout cookies in the spring, the first summer snow cone, going to the state fair and eating all you can for $20.00, Halloween, Canning in the fall, Christmas goodies....hmmm there may be a theme to my "traditions".

In fairness, is there really any tradition that doesn't include food?


One of our favorite traditions is:

TOMATO-PALOOZA.

Every year it is award winning and 2011 didn't disappoint!



Best ever tomato soup with a puff pastry on top




Fried Green tomato's





Broiled mozzarella and herb tomatoes






Tomato cake (not really-a delicious red velvet cake with a tomato garnish-we have yet to find a tomato dessert)




Great friends+Fabulous food+perfect weather=favorite tradition of the whole year!

2 comments:

Watsonville said...

So this is the first I've heard of it. Sounds so fun and yummy. When do you hold this festivity? You need a bloody mary for the drink to top of the night! Then I'll be there for sure!!!

Charisse Baxter said...

Welcome back! I've missed your posts - they're like getting a really great (slightly subversive) commentary track on the 'Life' DVD.

Does it just have to be tomatoes? 'Cause we've got a great recipe for tomato soup cake...
Also, these look interesting - http://www.deifratelli.com/recipes/recipes_dessert.php