Friday, August 29, 2008

first day of school


The first day of school-what a great day. The girls woke up early, showered, did their hair all cute, wore their new outfits and donned their new backpacks/bags. As a special treat Jim got them McDonalds for breakfast (ok truth be known, we were out of eggs and pancake mix and the thought of cooking/smelling eggs that early in the morning was more than my morning sickness could handle! so thanks Jim!)
They were really excited but even more so to be reunited with their best friend: Jody the Bus Driver. I love the stories about Jody's life that they bring home- (and I am sure they excahnge equally as personal stories)


It was a really smooth day and I got so much done-the house has never looked better. I took a moment to enjoy the silence- Until I got a call from a friend in Draper asking if we needed to evacuate. I had no idea what she was talking about until I stepped out on my back porch-Holy Smokes!
I took these photos and sent them to Jim. When I didn't hear from him immediately I called to see if he got them- he was busy watching a fire in West Valley-needless to say, the pictures turned his attention elsewhere!
The fire is contained and everyone is safe. I am so impressed with how fast the emergency crews got to work. It was amazing to me as I watched the helicopters and planes drop water and retardant and to see the fire trucks on the mountain as well as fire trucks from other places manning our stations here. I Love them and the price they are willing to pay for our safety. I want to bake them bread or cookies or something. Write a thank-you note or sing them a song. I am so grateful for people who are braver than I and for people who care more about others than the misanthropist in me!

No comments: