Sunday, October 26, 2008

So long Soccer!


It's the end of a successful season.

No they didn't take state or even win all of their games (They finished 2-7)

But it was Kirsten's first season playing soccer, she played in every game and loved every minute of it.

We are so proud of her and her true grit. It was awesome watching her run up and down that field with a look that would scare any opponent. She was fabulous and she has even mentioned doing it again next year.


A few days ago, her coach had a party at Classic Skate. It was Kirsten's first time on roller skates and so I went to skate around with her. Well wouldn't ya know, it was the first time for practically every girl there. Everyone was falling on their backsides and laughing out loud (after letting out a small yell and moan of course)A tear found it's way to my eye as two of her soccer buddies came up, took her by each hand and said "come on Kirst, let's skate and fall together!" That was my cue to leave.

She had a blast with all of her soccer buddies that night.
She had a blast with all of her soccer buddies on the field.
She made new friends who just adore her.
She didn't make a goal or much less kick the ball.
But, soccer was a success this year and man did she score!

2 comments:

vanwoerkomhe said...

tam, you're the best mom! I just read your posts and I just have to say you rock and how I love you! Jim is one lucky dude and the girls have no idea what a gem they have for a mom! Miss yoU!

Cynthia said...

I can't tell you how much it makes me smile to have found your blog via your facebook page and to read it.

I remember when Greg and I ran into you at Desert Book a few years back. I'll never forget the loneliness in your voice as you smiled at my twins and expressed your sincere desire for a family of your own.

Look at you NOW girl! A home and heart positively FILLED with love. I am so happy for you. Some things are just SOOO worth the wait!