Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2nd Grade Picture Day


I never was one to take a good school picture. . . But this one takes the cake-

It was the day I forgot it was picture day.

I lived across the street from the school and I can distinctly remember waking up to the sound of the 10 minute bell. I threw on the short sleeved sweater/shirt hand-me-down from my older cousin and ran to school. Needless to say after seeing the pictures my mom quickly made an appointment at the local beauty parlor for me to get my first perm-and all things hair were never the same after that.

Oh and in case you were wondering. . .that's me again in the corner either wishing for a better hair-do or praying to the good lord above that he reunite me with my real mother who would have done my hair for picture day- I was certain I had been switched at birth!

4 comments:

NICKI said...

So all kids think that? Because I was certain I was switched at birth as well-or adopted and they just didn't tell me. I would like to see a picture of the perm after this pic. I bet it was more of a fro because of how short your hair already was. Thanks for the post-you are always good for a laugh!

Watsonville said...

Another classic picture! You've got some good ones! I'm sure Abby would wish that I would forget about picture day. I'm a little neurotic!

Laurel said...

oh, how i love me some 2nd grade photos!!

The Whitmore's said...

PEEING MY PANTALONES! Oh my gosh tam! you know......I have almost the same photo! Only....mine was shortly after being hit by the car on my bigwheele (see facebook profile pic). The "shadow/reflection" picture just happened to be of the gimp side of my face! OH boy!

I love your reflection shot......I think you were smiling because it was French Bread Pizza for school lunch day and you could smell it a-cook'n! Love you tam! Miss you tons!