Friday, June 4, 2010

over heard

(Pretending to be sad dad was gone- take 1)

I got into an elevator today

There were three other people there with me

All three were over the age of 70

and this is the conversation I was privy to hear:

Man #1: "Gettin old sure aint easy"
Man #2: "Yah, and it isn't much fun either"
Woman: "Whatever happened to the 'Golden Years'?"
Man #1: "If these are Golden...I'll take Bronze!"

I laughed as I got off the elevator...

and then I pondered

I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all day

I have often thought about how great it would be when the kids are gone I finally get to be alone with Jim

After the elevator today- Maybe the phase of life I am in right now is Golden!


(Pretending to be sad that dad was gone take 2)

2 comments:

Grandma Ann said...

They are definitely golden and enjoy every minute of them.

Watsonville said...

You have such beautiful girls. Just look at all those girls!!! I have learned the one thing I can't control is time and it's killing me. Make it slow down.