Thursday, January 27, 2011

mockingbird

I just finished reading this book.

I know, I know....Superfudge....

But it came highly recommended by my mother-in-law Ann as well as my daughter Anna.

And now I am highly recommending it to you.

Oh, and my recommendation comes with an idea: read it with your children.

You can read a review here: mockingbird

Or you can read mine:

"Wonderful!"

This book takes you inside the mind of a young girl with Asperger's syndrome and it tells an incredibly moving story through her eyes. I have a dear friend who gets it in a way that many of us never will and I thought of her as I read this book. I wanted her to be here by my side so I could ask her questions. I want to know how she is able to do all that she does in light of this difficult situation. The only word that comes to mind is Finesse: the ability to skilfully and adroitly handle a difficult or highly sensitive situation. I sure could use a dose or two of that!

2 comments:

Suzette said...

I loved it too. And I'm so glad you moved past Superfudge.

The Whitmore's said...

Tambo.......I love that you did a book review!! (and Suzette....please know that Tam has not "moved past Superfudge".......she has simply put it on a shelf where other GREATEST BOOKS OF ALL TIME go until she has time to read them again. By the way Tam....if you're not reading "Blubber".....can I borrow it?)

Holly called me and told me that you had just read a great book that I should probably read. I just ordered it on Amazon. The cool thing......It will be here in the next three hours! (I ordered it 10 minutes ago!) LOVE that Amazon is located near our home and that they do local delivery!) I ordered one for Holly too and I hope Ellery will read it as well. It will be so interesting to read a book from the perspective of a CHILD with Asperger's.

I'll let you know how it goes!