Friday, April 29, 2011

[SIGH]


I wish I could beautifully and eloquently write the thoughts of my heart. If you could read what I am feeling it would match the poetics works of Hemingway or the heartfelt musings of Jane Austen. But alas the gift of the written word is not mine...however if you need help with drywall, mudding and taping or a flower arrangement or a goofy way to remember the 10 commandments I am totally your gal.

SO here it is-what my sigh is all about and written in the only way I know how:

AHHHHHHHHH my baby is in a big bed!!!

Last night after crawling out of her crib and being put back in several times she went into Lilly's room, got in the bed and there she slept. I thought it may have been a fluke but when it was nap time today she walked into Lilly's room and got in her "new" bed.

Our baby phase has officially come to an end.

Over.

Done.

We are putting the crib away tomorrow.

I think Michael McClean wrote it and sang/spoke it best: "I cried the day that they took the crib down. And I want the baby phase to last more years round."

A dear friend (who has the gift of writing) said that she thinks most women go through some sort of grieving phase when they choose to be done having babies.

After finally getting married at the ripe age of 34 years and 8 months...In my mind I was barely 21 and ready to have a whole slew of kids.

I have 4.

There are days that those 4 seem like 20.

And then there are days when 4 just isn't enough.

I guess that's part of the grieving process.

Even though my baby phase certainly was shorter than I had imagined,


I am SO grateful that I even got to have one!

4 comments:

Suzette said...

I think you said that pretty eloquently.

Erin said...

selling that crib???

Laurel said...

i'm sooooo glad you got to have one too. let yourself be a little sad. it's ok.

xoxo

PS and sorry to tell you but YOU ARE eloquent with words.

Sandy said...

We just put our changing table on Craigslist...every time I walk into Ava's room and see her in her "big girl bed" I can't believe how big she is. It's crazy. Sometimes I think about the kids as little babies and feel the twinge of "ohhhh - it's really over", but this winter when we all went skiing together (including Ava) I thought "I can't believe this is my new life!!". I have come to find that every stage is magical in it's own way...maybe not teenagers...we'll see about that in another 2 1/2 years!