Wednesday, June 10, 2009

lunch


So summer is here and only two days into it, I am faced with the ongoing summer dilemma of lunch time. It's been 9 months since I have had to prepare a mouth watering medley of chow (aka lunch) for anyone but myself and a two year old. Now summer is here, and daily I am pressed with the hunger pangs of not only two more but also the entire neighborhood.
How does this happen? I am almost certain that not only do we have the BEST food in the entire neighborhood, but that I am the only mom COOL enough to feed these little vagabonds. Well not anymore!

During these hard economic times my pocketbook just can't sustain an entire neighborhood of prepubescent girls so here is what I am proposing:

Progressive Lunches!

That's right-yesterday the girls came to me with their daily quandary of "I'm Hungry-what's there to eat?"

So I quickly introduced them to the progressive meal plan. Go from house to house and collect food for your meal until you have found enough foodstuffs for lunch.
I will say, they did a pretty good job-take a look!


Not quite sure how long I can get by with this plan. I'm fairly certain that I will be microwaving chicken nuggets for an entire army several times this summer. Maybe I should start serving Draper School Lunches-with the way they complained about those all year long I am confident they would find another house to forage for food. Mystery meat anyone?

2 comments:

Uzi said...

oh, I do believe summer time is when I learned the several different ways to eat Snack Ramen or what you can do with Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. You're nice enough to make them lunch. We were left to fend for ourselves like the kids on Lord of the Flies. Good thing we really didn't have to chase down that pig, more like chase down the ice cream man. I do remember the time where we ate Domino's pizza for a week and somehow towards the end, resulted to paying for it in all change that we found around the house. Now who's being creative!?

Nancee said...

I say just put down some bowls of kibble and let them chow down on that.