Friday, October 16, 2009

Beauty Is...

that's this year's theme for reflections. Kirsten decided to enter the contest at the last minute so we chose photography (note to mom's: it's the easiest one to do and the least entered category!)

Here are some of the shots she took-see if you can guess which one of them she chose to blow up and hand in~











Kirsten's last minute urgency couldn't have come at a more perfect time for me. It was on the day of Michell's 4 year anniversary of her death when we took these pictures. We seemed to be so involved in everything, that the day simply came and went without notice. Until the next day.

Anna took it pretty hard and so did I- but for completely different reasons I am sure. For a brief moment I let myself go to that place, "the what about me" place. The "When do I get flowers?" place. And then the Lord in his infinite wisdom and love for me taught me a lesson I really needed. "It's flowers you want? Really? Is that it then? Tam, you get them every day as you raise these beautiful little girls. I have given you lots of flowers."

He's right...He's always right

Gosh, are we both longing for the other's bouquet?

I am positive that Michelle would trade in the many flowers that we have left for her over the years for just one more chance to hold her little girls. My flowers are delivered daily in the form of sweet moments, emotions, laughter, tears, little notes, thank you's, piano practicing, after school routine, dinner time, walks, scaring each other, snow cones, bubble gum and stories from their day at school. Even though she's gone, I think she is allowed to breathe in the aroma of my flowers and enjoy them as much as I do- probably more.

Beauty is. . . recognizing that He gives flowers to everyone. (thanks Cheri Call)

I am grateful for this "last minute entry" because now we have some wonderfully fun random pictures of our girls which serve as a perfect reminder that life is beautiful!




It really is!

11 comments:

Steph said...

i'm glad you ruined my mascara right before i went to bed at least.

beautiful post though. really.

jdiggity said...

and I'm crying right now as well. Thanks for being your own beautiful bouquet that sweetens my life by having you in it. Love ya!

Laurel said...

wanting each other's bouquest.
well said.

so sorry i wasn't around this year for that.

xoxo a million times over.

Tami said...

Beauty is...having you for a friend.
I didn't know it was her 4 year until today.
Instead of bringing you flowers, how about cheese fries or a half and half at Sonic. You know how I drown my sorrows in food.
I think Michelle is lucky and grateful that you are smelling her roses every day.
Love you.

Uzi said...

LOVE THIS!! Makes me cry, from start to finish!
Love YOU and LOVE "your" many many flowers! So grateful I can partake in the sweet aroma!

Jill said...

well said my friend. well said. i do believe they are close...don't you? i'm sure she is helping anna and kirsten grow up..and really, what mother couldn't use an extra set of hands? Especially when dealing with delightful tweenagers.

hope you got the recipe. sorry it was delayed.

Uzi said...

Happiness held is the seed; happiness shared is the flower.

The Whitmore's said...

Crying my dam& eyes out! Thanks tam. For the record......I still want tulips.




(PS....happiness shared.....was your "flower".)

Feel free to erase this comment! I love you Tam! More than you will ever know.......I love you!

Anonymous said...

beautiful. thanks for your comment today. it was very kind:). really, beautiful post.

Grandma Ann said...

You are one amazing lady? I thank God every day for sending you to our family!!! I love you.

Charisse Baxter said...

We had Winco in Oregon, and I'm still kind of in shock that it's here now. You've made it a little mroe real to me now. *Sniffle*

Oh, and yes I'm crying and it was beautiful and so sweet and so are the girls and you're amazing and wonderful and absolutely my favorite cousin (Kristy is close behind, but still) and all I've ever wanted out of life is to be as fabulous as you. That, and a date for Halloween. Love you!