Friday, July 23, 2010

Barbecue Sauce and Chicken Nuggets Guest Blog by Jim Hall


My children love Chicken Nuggets and with every order of chicken nuggets we have to get barbecue sauce. No seriously, we have to. My kids will not eat the chicken nuggets without barbecue sauce. But we have a problem, for some reason I can never get the knuckle heads at Wendys and McDonalds to put barbecue sauce in the bag when we go through the drive through. Just the other day this is how the conversation went at the McDonalds drive through.

Jim: Yes, I would like the 10 piece Mcnugget please and for the love of all that is holy, will you please put barbecue sauce in the bag.

Knuckle Head: Yes sir we will include the barbecue sauce, is that all?

Jim: Did you hear me ask for the barbecue sauce?

Knuckle Head: Yes

I pull forward, pay, and he hands me the bag.

Jim: Is there barbecue sauce in the bag?

Knuckle Head: Yes

I looked in the bag and there is no barbecue sauce. At this point I am as close as I have ever been to committing a crime. I dont carry any weapons, but this knuckle head was skinny enough I was pretty sure I could jump through the drive through window rip his head off and flash fry that thing with some fries.

Jim: There is no barbecue sauce in the bag!!!

Knuckle Head: Did you say you wanted barbecue sauce?

I spoke no words, I gave him a look that I have never given before. The look clearly told him he had better get me some barbecue sauce or he had just taken his last order... And he did.. And he lives to flash fry another day.

On a side note, look for me on the Pioneer Day Parade route, I will be selling my "Free Lindsay Lohan" T-shirts and Flasks.

4 comments:

Laurel said...

wah ha ha ha ha

Ally said...

i want you to know that i am going to wendys after i type this, log out and get shoes on. and i will be getting bbq sauce.

Grandma Ann said...

So funny!!! I also didn't have any luck with the bbq sauce when I went there with your kids. I don't think they understand English.

Anonymous said...

hey this is Anna, I am still laughing about that!!! HaHaHa! :)