Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Garge Sale This!

I experienced my first garage sale this week. My friend took me out on Friday to 3 different ones.

Our first stop netted me these fine gems:


How could I possible turn down Coke stools? and I'll be honest, they have changed the way we do things here at the Hall Cafe. The little girls belly up to the bar for every meal as they dine on our finest: apple jacks, cinnamon toast, chicken nuggets and corn dogs. I serve them and then engage in riveting and often times scandalous discussions that only a 4 and 5 year old could warrant. I wipe the counter as they talk and I clean up their messes as only a seasoned bar keep could.

Second stop was basically some creeper who opened up his garage hoping to sell an excess of undiscriminating items. Let's just say I had to leave Sophia in the car on this one. 

Last stop was the kind of garage sale one hopes to find.  A family who finally decided to finish their basement and moved all the boxes of "stuff" from their basement into the garage and after many months of not having enough room in their garage to park the cars the dad decided to get rid of it all...because he didn't want to make a trip to the DI.....oh and he did this while his wife wasn't home.
I picked out a 3 things and when I asked "how much" he said "just take it."
me: "I can't just take it. I will pay"
Him: "Ok how about .50"


 Not too shabby for a pair of Tom's and sweater and a new box of crayons. Pretty sure that mom has ransacked the house for those shoes that her daughter may or may not have unsuspectingly taken off and left right in the middle of the garage sale. One little kids loss is a garage selling mothers treasure. hahaha

1 comment:

Nancee said...

I'm so jealous of the bar stools!!! :-D