Monday, May 6, 2013

plummet at the park

On Friday Lilly went to the park with a few friends. I got a call about an hour later saying Lilly was in great pain. Apparently she had been running down a hill and tripped landing on her shoulder. The mom who took them offered to get the kids slurpees and that seemed to appease Lilly... for the moment.

When she got home she was still in a bit of pain and she REALLY gushed tears of sorrow when she noticed that Kirsten had finished off her slurpee.

Anna drove them to the 7-11 and Kirsten bought her another one.

The tears abated.

Putting my stellar parenting powers to good use I self-diagnosed the injury and she seemed to be "OK". I figured she was just a bit bruised or had possibly pulled a muscle. I told her to "sleep on it" and we would see in the morning.

The morning showed us a different diagnosis. Her left shoulder leaned a little too left, and down and drooping.

I took her into the pediatrician and after a few x-rays it was determined that she broke her collar bone.


What does one do for a broken collar bone? One wears a sling for 2 weeks, gets out of all chores, gets help dressing, eating, using the bathroom and pretty much milking this for all that it is worth. Can't say that I blame her. Given the chance, I would probably do the same thing.

1 comment:

Nancee said...

I can't believe the slurpees didn't fix that ...