Wednesday, March 26, 2008

spring break is over!

well, I made it. The break came and went and I actually had a great time. We decided as a family that since we weren't going anywhere fun, we would make Easter like Christmas and do service projects. Here are some of the highlight from the weekend:

1. Thursday night at the homeless shelter, Kirsten was in charge of the bigger kids making tinfoil painted eggs and I overheard her say: "you guys, stop saying swear words." And when they wouldn't stop she insisted "YOU GUYS, STOP SAYING BAD WORDS...OR you can't do the project."

2. Jim and I doing damage control (ie trying to get the autistic kid out of the swivel chair so he wouldn't puke like he did the night before)

3. Friday night we cooked dinner for about 20 homeless teenagers. One of the girls (who is 16) introduced herself and asked if all the kids were mine. Then she informed us that her mom was 33 and had 7 kids of which the oldest is 20 and that "my mom should be happy with me. I mean at least I waited until I was 16 to get pregnant instead of 12 like her."

4. Jim took Anna with him after cooking dinner and on the way home they drove past Bikini Cuts. Anna asked what it was and Jim said "it''s a place where really sick men get their hair cut." She needed more information so Jim told her what it was. When they got home our sitter was already here and before Jim could even say hello Anna begins with "we met a girl who is 16 and pregnant and her mom got pregnant at 12 and on the way home we drove past Bikini cuts where women wearing bikini's cut men's hair who are really sick. Not puke sick, just sick sick!"

5. Running through the sprinklers because they were "SOOOOO HOT!!!" it was 60 degrees.

6. Going out for lunch and after we finished I notice Kirsten looking like Quasimoto because "my shirt hurts me on my shoulder. (notice the stuffed tissues)

7. Giving Lilly a piece of Croissant which she chokes on. As she is puking I hold out my hand while Jim jumps up to grab a rag, she pukes into my hand again and I see pieces of banana, some milk and a candy wrapper. I am such an amazing mother!

8. realizing that I kinda went overboard with the easter candy this year. (this is what I have LEFT!!! the pile is much bigger in person )
9. Taking the girls to see College Road Trip and being more entertained by Kirsten eating an entire container of cotton candy and then wearing the container on her head out of the theater as is if it were a trophy or something.

10. Losing my wedding ring and trying to explain it to Jim. Putting posts on Craig's list and KSL. com, calling local pawn shops and the sherriff's office. Being up from 3-5 AM unable to sleep and about to vomit, praying my guts out only to find it on a pile of towels as I got ready for church the next morning :)

11. Anna's amazing talk in primary about the resurrection and seeing mom Michelle again some day.

So, here's to a successful spring break. I'm totally beat, I could use a stiff drink and already I'm thinking "what the H-E double hockey sticks am I going to do all summer? :)

xoxo tam


4 comments:

Laurel said...

i feel like I was there. Oh, wait! for part of it, I was.
You are an AMAZING mother, btw.
way to survive the break!!

Jill said...

Summer Break? One day at a time my friend, my day at a time.


And Lots of Diet Coke

Erickson Family said...

Uncle Jared is going to fly up and bring those girls back to our place for a week!! We can't wait!!

Brooke said...

your summer solution: come hang out at my house with me and we'll be lazy moms together!