Wednesday, March 5, 2008

well, I don't have cancer. I had my check-up and news on the biopsy from the "suspicious" mole that I had removed from off the cusp my Buttocks. Ya know, it's an unusual thing being in a cancer doctors office. My first visit I was the only patient there so nothing really stood out to me. But yesterday was different. There were 3 other patients in the office and my first thought was "oh great, he's behind and now I am going to be be here forever. GEEZ!" then the reality of that moment sunk in deep and hard. "why are they here? Do they have cancer? Are they dying? Are they awaiting the news of their biopsy too? There is nothing more terminal than the office of a Cancer Doctor.
It really had me thinking and being grateful all day- well up until the moment when I went to pay my bill. The Dr's secretary has the most gigantic mole on the side of her head. I mean HUGE! It's above her left eyebrow and must stand off of her head at a good 1/2 inch or so. All I could think of was the scene in Uncle Buck when he flips the secretary a quarter and tells her to "go downtown and have a rat gnaw that thing off!"
AND that mole doesn't look suspicious? HUH- It was more suspicious than a pregnant nun! Lady, you work for a doctor who can "punch biopsy" that meatball from your head in 2 minutes flat. It probably has it's own weather system. Oh wait, is it your other twin-did I see you on Discovery "My twin inside of me?"
OK I am totally going to burn for this but at least we know that when I do die, it won't be due to complications of butt cancer- or complications following my assectomy. :)

7 comments:

Teri said...

Webkinz are buy one get one free at Limited too. It is only on about 12 kinds but our Lim.2 here in Broomfield had a ton today. BOGO is the way to go.

Laurel said...

I love that you started out with me thinking this was going to be some sweet reflective post about live...and how fragile it is...
and then you totally mock the mole-faced secretary.
who are you?
Man, i miss you....

Uzi said...

Haa haa haaa! And that's the exact reason I answer "i had cancer" to the questions about my huge scar. Once I tried to avoid the cancer topic and stated that I just had a mole removed and to which his reply:

"WOW, HOW BIG WAS THAT MOLE?"

curses either way!

Nancee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancee said...

I thought your swear-word looked smaller.

the New Mom said...

Um......did you say biopsy that meatball? OH MY GOSH@ that was so funny!