Sunday, April 27, 2008

famous people weekend

We have had quite a weekend! It began with Super Literacy Friday an event the school has each year where they invite an author to come and visit the school, speak to the kids and sign books. The girls were so excited to have their own book signed (thanks to grandma ann) by Anne Bowen author of I loved you before you were born.



On Saturday night we all went to hear Cheri Call perform. Anna and her BFF Bayley are HUGE fans! They sat on the front row and were mesmermized. After the concert Kirsten came running back and asked for a pen and paper to write down the name of her favorite song: "No" (It is playing right now, just sit back and listen to it- I love that of all the songs she heard that night, this is the one she loved most.

(oh and tonight after Anna finished saying the prayer Kirst shouted out "and PS God, let the second coming come soon!)

1 comment:

the New Mom said...

So, I am sitting here in my kitchen, minding my own business (and apparently yours) as I read yours blog......there is a sweet song playing in the back ground that I'm not really listening to....and I start thinking......TAMMY IS AN AMAZING MOTHER! And then I suddenly start to hear the words to the song.......and I think of all of the times we "asked" and God said, No. Thank goodness for "No's".......you are right where you should be.....doing exactly what you were born to do..because He said no....not now! And......now my make-up is running down my face because my eyes have welled with tears.....and I'm gonna look like a jerk for my 10am meeting. Oh well! I love you Tambo! Thanks for your amazing example! You're the greatest!