Sunday, April 6, 2008

new favorite site

Forget about going to the homeless shelter to volunteer or even thinking about visiting a nursing home and making cards for the old folks. I'm sooo done with all of that!
From now on all I have to do it visit Freerice.com , guess the definition of a few words and my humanitarian efforts have been met. In one single attempt I managed to give 40 grains of rice to some starving child in Africa or Bangladesh or where ever it goes. I'm just glad that my extensive erudite lexis can be of such superior service to the dispossessed and subjugated humankind. I challenge you to log on now and do your part! (Oh and using a thesaurus is totally cheating!)

2 comments:

Laurel said...

This is dangerous...a chance to show my pride with how smart I am AND bless children with rice?

I finally did it and donated 360!

Heather said...

Thanks for letting me read your blog. I am still laughing from the marker face, baby throwing up a candy wrapper and using soap for shampoo. Hum... late for your period...humm...life does change quickly!