Saturday, May 24, 2008

concert-palooza

Well, Friday night began Jim and Tam's summer concert series. Reason #584 that I love Jim:he loves to go to concerts. We went to the CURE Friday night and it was classic. Classic because it took us back to our high school days and classic because of the outfits those "completely tatooed- painfully pierced- makeup wearing men-dressed all in black Gothic's" had on. WOW is all I can say. It was the longest concert of my life-4 hours-they sang for 3 with 3 encores. I was surprised by how many Cure songs I actually knew-I just wish my sister Rebecca was there, she was big into the Cure and even had pictures of them on her wall taken from her Teen Beat magazine! Here are my favorite photos of the night taken by Nancee who a consummate photographer.

3 comments:

bella bowtique girls said...

I wish I could have been there. Now, if Depeche Mode ever comes you call me! Glad you were able to live it up for me and for 4 HOURS! Can't wait to hear about your next concert and it better not be Hanna Montana!

Watsonville said...

That last post was really from me! Sorry, wrong log in!

Nancee said...

I'm shocked that you failed to mention the opening "band," 65 Million Years of Synthesized Hell. Dave pointed out that apparently they could not afford to bring their lead singer along. Or any singers. Maybe he/they was/were busy writing new songs, since the group played only 3, and the closing song was the same as the opening. Impressive Circle of Life symbolism.