Tuesday, May 13, 2008

she's ok- phew!

Yup there she is-hooked up to an EGK monitor at Primary Children's hospital. As you can see by the cheesy-ness of her smile she is back to normal but it was a bit scary earlier this morning.
She woke up, got ready for school and as we were practicing piano she had trouble playing. She couldn't use her right hand as it had tightened up, she began to drool and then she completely blanked-She had a seizure. I called Jim into the room and he knew right away she was having a seizure (she has had them in the past but the last one was 6 years ago) She was out of the seizure and back to practicing before he got dressed to take her to the hospital.
We spent the greater part of the day at Primary's, watched some TV in the room, played around with all of the gadgets and thought of pranks we could pull on the Dr's when they came back to the room.
Kirst was a trooper and did so well and Jim-ahh geez what a great man! Reason #1,298 that I love him: he handles stressful situations with such finesse. He took charge and knew exactly what to do and say once we arrived at Primary's. I love that I have confidence in him and that I can count on him when it really matters most.
Since marrying Jim and assuming responsibility for the girls I have often wondered/doubted in my ability to love these girls. "Could I love them like a mother does?" "Will I be able to care for them like Michelle would?" and I have been praying to love them like a mother should.
Today, for me was real and I felt like a mother as I watched Kirsten struggle and saw the fear in her big green eyes as she wondered what was happening . I worried for Anna who wears her heart on her sleeve and I know is scared for her little sister and the emotions of 6 years ago could be resurfacing. The Lord has answered my prayers. Today I shed the tears of a mother as I worried for my girls- oh how I love them. My prayers have not been in vain and to think that I have been entrusted with these precious souls. And with that love comes the weight of responsibility of a mother, that all consuming worry of "will they be all right?" Wow

9 comments:

Erickson Family said...

As I ponder your words, with tears of my own. I am so grateful for you! I love you for who you are and the mother that you ARE! Kirsten is in our thoughts and prayers, as well as your family. We love you guys!

Laurel said...

Completely beautiful, Tam. I have no words...except. WOW...I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Watsonville said...

What an amazing experience for you and your family. You are a mother and those girls love you! What a beautiful entry! Thanks, I needed a nice little cry. LOVE YOU!!!

Trent & Emily Davies said...

I am so glad that I found your blog through Stephanie!!

We too will have Kirsten in our thoughts and prayers! Reading your post totally made me cry! As I reflect on the few short years I have been a Mother it truly is an awesome responsibilty and from the few times I have seen you guys you totally are the Mother that those two precious girls need.

Brooke said...

i know you didn't write this for a compliment, but you are such an amazing person. i think that all the time. and i know you love those girls as a mother-- i can tell whenever i see you with them.

hope kirsten is all better!

Jana said...

I was a little freaked out when I saw that picture of Kirsten. SCARY! Tam, you are a wonderful mother of three beautiful girls.
Loved your post!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to have that experience to know you are the Mother to those girls. Wow. Thanks for sharing.

Uzi said...

tears.....i have tears in my eyes, down my cheeks and onto the pile of work here on my desk.

Love your girls and I know they love you as much as you love them!

Nancee said...

I love you, Tam.