Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mothers day

hhh mother's day. I got up early to get ready for church then I got the kids ready for church, packed the baby bag, cooked a large meal for my large family so that my mom wouldn't have to and cleaned up after them all once they FINALLY left (haha) on this most blessed of days. Nothing like mothers day to remind you that you are indeed a mother huh?!
But the best part of this years mother's day was the gift I GAVE! It was given in the form of a performance of a life time!!!! You see, my mom has an amazing voice and sings in the Sweet Adelines SLC. She is on the front row which means she is a dancer and has fabulous stage presence (which is where I get it from). She has wanted us girls to join for so long but it just isn't conducive to our busy schedules :) They had their regional competition here all day yesterday at Abravanel Hall and capped it off with a party that night.
To get the party started, they had a Family Barber Shop Chorus which my sister and I were in. Happy Mothers Day MOM! It was AWESOME. We wore matching outfits, I sang Bass and the choreography was well . . . why don't you just go ahead and see some of the highlights from the evening. (This will definitely be worth the watch)

6 comments:

Watsonville said...

You're killing me!!! How do I view the performance? Wish I could have been there. To watch that is!!!

Laurel said...

you have GOT to promise w/ all you hold sacred and dear you will NEVER EVER EVER let me miss something like this again.
You are TOO TOO much.

(and, btw, how so very fun you get to be a mom on mom's day...your life!)

Watsonville said...

Great! Now I have to change my pants! Thanks for blogging that for me to see. I love my family!

Jana said...

Your family totally rocks. Thanks for the laugh.

Brooke said...

i have to admit i thought this whole thing was a joke. good thing i watched the ENTIRE video to know that you were in fact telling the truth.

no wonder you're such a good primary chorister. you were born for this stuff.

the New Mom said...

Well....D^%$! I started at the top of your blog......crying my eyes out! YOU NEVER cease to amaze me.....EVER!

I'm just so dang sad that I wasn't there for the singing! I mean....for starters...."It's Raining Men".....you know thats my song! I am speechless......you've made my no-good, terrible, very bad day....bright! (I've got a rough case of the hee-ba-tee-G)

Love you long time! WOW!