Monday, September 8, 2008

Home Again Home Again


I just returned from a 5 day trip to St. Louis. It was the Annual Sister's Weekend and we decided to go visit our old stomping grounds. We moved there back in '87 so granted I didn't live there for long but the fam did and many summers and christmas' were spent there and I have such fond memories of the place.
Some of the highlights:
Staying at Embassy Suites
Prepared breakfast every morning
Sleeping in
Laughing
Shopping
Eating
Seeing the house and old hang-0uts
The Murder Mystery Dinner
Racial Diversity
All of the religion and "Suppers"
Farmers Market
Eating for 2 at Pasta House Co (soooooo good)
Catching up and talking
Missing my family

I used to think that mom's got away so they could rest and take a break. This trip just made me appreciate what I have and in a way, long to be home.
I had such a wonderful time being with my mom and sisters and I love that a tradition started 10 years ago has continued to live on-we haven't missed a year!

1 comment:

Watsonville said...

Thanks for another great year of sisters weekend. What you failed to mention was all the great comments made during that trip! Blog that so we don't ever forget. Or just pull out that note pad next year and it will still be there. LOVE YOU!