Friday, September 19, 2008

She's 12

Happy Birthday Anna! I can't believe you are 12-I know I haven't been your mom since birth but somehow God has managed to cram 12 years of experience, love, emotion and life lessons into just two years with you.

12 things that I love about you are:

You aren't afraid to show your emotions
You care deeply for those less fortunate
You have single handedly planned a yearly donation drive for the homeless shelter
Your unending help with Lilly
Your eyes
Your deep laugh when something is REALLY funny
Your love and concern for your friends
Your brain-you are so smart!
Your amazing ability to play the piano so well
Your tenacity
Your sensitive heart
Your faith

I am honored and blessed to be your mom. I know it's not what you had in mind and at times it probably would be better if mom Michelle were here. But know that I am trying and that I do love you. I give thanks every night for you and for the lessons you are teaching me. Happy 12th b-day doll and I look forward to many more fabulous years with you!
xoxo mom

6 comments:

cmdance said...

Tam - What an awesome letter to your sweet daughter! She is so so so lucky to have you as her Mom. YOu are the best! Miss you like crazy!

Camille

vanwoerkomhe said...

Oh Tammy! What a mom you are! And what lucky little girls to have you! Can I say I'm jealous and hoping for the same thing one day. Miss you!

Laurel said...

Happy birthday, Miss Anna. Everything your mom says is TRUE.
we all love you...

(and Tam? I have no words...xoxo)

Natalie said...

I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again...when I grow up, I want to be just like you! You touched my heart today in Y.W. introducing cute Anna to the group! We are so excited to have her and get to know her better. She is a LUCKY girl to have you as her second mom! :)

Nancee said...

Tam, I'm so glad you posted the photo I took of you & Anna on her birthday - I love it! Thanks for loving my precious, beautiful girls. And maybe one boy. Or another girl.

the New Mom said...

You are an amazing mom! Thanks for lighting the way for me! I'm crying my dang eyes out over here! Love you Tambo!