Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering September 11th



I was late for work that day eating my usual bowl of Grapenuts with orange juice (don't ask-it's a family thing) watching the Today show with Matt Lauer and Catie Couric. I remember watching the news as everything unfolded and driving to work in a complete daze.

I taught a different seminary lesson that day.

We watched news reports in bewteen classes.

Some students mourned in silence while others cried out loud.

Some even had fathers in New York and were anxiously awaiting word on their safety.

I will never forget the events of that day.

And today at Anna's insistence we had a family moment of silence. She explained it all to Kirsten and then timed us for one minute. I love that she wears her heart on her sleeve and isn't afraid to show it. I love that she hasn't forgotten and makes sure we haven't either.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

i love anna.

Ashlie and Tony said...

So sweet that Anna insisted upon a moment of silence. Sometimes I think the children in this world understand what is important far more than the adults.

Nancee said...

Wow. Good for Anna! I can't imagine ever being able to forget that day or its aftermath.