Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hero

This was in my email "In box" This morning:

From: Mike Weaver
Date: November 10, 2009 10:14:02 PM MST
To: Tami Weaver
Subject: My Hero

Grace Weaver

My hero is a lady who I would go to for anything besides you, Mom. Her name is Tammy Hall. She has three qualities that I like most about her. The three qualities of a hero. They are neighborly, funny, and a role model. Neighborly. Tammy Hall is so neighborly. She goes walking with my mom some mornings. We play with her kids so many times. She busted part of the fence out that was dividing our back yards. Sometimes when my Mom needs some ingredients when she's cooking, if she doesn't have them we'll ask the Halls. She is my favorite neighbor.

Funny. Tammy Hall is so fun to be around and talk to because she is funny. We have had some good laughs. She creates memories because she is funny. She is someone that anybody would want to meet. That is why I think she is funny.

Role model. She taught seminary. She is kind and loving. Anna and Kirsten's mother died, and Tammy Hall married their dad. She is the perfect one for them. She is my role model.

Neighborly, funny, and a role model are my favorite qualities of Tammy hall. I love these qualities of her. These are what I think are qualities of a hero.


AND after forwarding it to Jim...THIS was also in my email "In box" this morning:

Well, I see two problems with this. One, I am never going to hear the end of this. It would not surprise me if I find this essay, blown up, framed and hanging on the wall in the living room of my house. Second. I BUSTED PART OF THE FENCE OUT, that was me and if I remember correctly I may have even scraped myself doing it. Seriously though, this is hilarious.
Jim

Oh how I love that Gracie Weaver! She is clearly a BRILLIANT child reared by INCREDIBLE parents!

And so what if it ends up in a frame hanging in our living room or bedroom or made into book marks and handed out as gifts to friends and neighbors or maybe just maybe it gets turned into our family Christmas card. Look, Gracie never cited me for being humble...I mean it's not like it makes me any less of a hero right? :) I love you little Gracie- you made my day/week/year!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That is too sweet! And just so you know, you're my hero too! If I could be half the woman you are, I would be a happy camper! :)

Tami said...

You are awesome.
Only a little jealous she didn't pick me.
Maybe Kiersten will though, when it's her turn.
That's how these things work. Right?
Isn't your friends mom always cooler then your own?

Oh and Thanks Jim for busting through the fence.

jdiggity said...

Well said Gracie! You are my hero too:)

The Whitmore's said...

Um.......Someday I'll pen the story about one of my hero's. I'll probably try to include the word "neighborly".....because you technically were my neighbor!