Thursday, March 31, 2011

Armageddon 101




Today was our first of four installments of "Armageddon 101"

This is a weekly class that my all wise and all knowing mother has agreed to teach to my friends and me. Whoda thunk that "Pipe Down" (pet name for my mom from a few of my friends taken from a hilarious family story which I will tell another time) would be standing in my kitchen offering her pearls of wisdom on all things canning, food storage and preparedness when not 5 years ago the only thing that worried me about the second coming was if I would still be a virgin or not.

TMI? maybe but it really is the truth!

So what did we learn today?

Installment #1: bottling your own chicken

Eww sick!

Looking-Yes

Tasting-NO!

Go ahead and mock but I can assure you that when a natural disaster strikes-people will be begging me for my meat.
While they are foraging for food my family will be feasting on powdered potatoes, canned green beans and London Broil...in a bottle.

Yup... here's a look at next weeks course:




2 comments:

Sandy said...

I know it tastes delicious and moist, but the look...the look...oh the terrible look!

I may have to pray for blindness during Armageddon so I can come to your house and enjoy a nice, wet, can of filet mignon!

The Whitmore's said...

Every time I read your blog...one of my kids wants to know "what's so funny mom......why are you laughing so hard?" I can't explain this stuff to them. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....the Second Coming-Virgin comment almost put me over the edge!
I thank God daily for many things.....flushing toilets, washing machines, and YOU to name a few! Love you Tambo!