Friday, March 25, 2011

Sister Wives


If you haven't yet watched this fine Television program-you might want to.
If you haven't lived it.. you might want to try that too.
I have.
I am.
And here's my story

How's that for Drama. It's my intro when my life becomes a mini-series to rival only "Thorn Birds" Or "V". But not the recent"V" the "V" from the 80's that had us so enthralled on Sunday nights sitting as a family in our jammies with a bowl full of chocolate ice cream and milk poured over the top-to give it that crystaly? effect.

Anywho...

For the past few months, my good friend H.B. (to protect the innocent) has been coming over a couple of times a week. She has triplets that are the same age as Lilly.
They play well together-or so we think. We have sort of a "Don't ask Don't tell" policy while they are here. It usually works for us... well, up until they decide to pull all 50 or so of the alphabetized VHS tapes off the shelves and then scatter them all over the basement floor. Serves us right for having video tapes. Good thing they weren't laser discs because those things break so easily.

So she comes over and we get things done.
She grades papers.
I run errands.
She runs errands.
We watch episodes of our favorite shows that we have DVR'd
We make delicious lunches.
We make treats.
We do the daily crossword in the paper.
We talk about current events and engage in healthy debates (well not really debates, she's too smart to be bested by me. Some day. Some day.)
We craft.
We make menu's for the week.
We swap recipes.
We fold laundry.
She helps Kirst with homework while I cook dinner.
We finish up projects once started but not motivated enough on our own to complete.

I think Shel Silverstein would have written it best:

HB and me
Me and HB
I have one
She has Three
Together we are as happy as can be!

However...Our fundamental difference from the show: we don't share a husband.

In the words of my wise and highly sensitive husband..."why would i want to make 2 women unhappy?"

4 comments:

Becky said...

I LOVE the Shel Silverstein poem! You two ladies (wives) are the best! I would really like to know what Juston thinks of sharing the two of you! Love you!

Watsonville said...

What? That's it? I imagine all the days we are together in the summer with all our kids doing who knows what all day long all over town. Having Jim come home to us telling him the stories of the day. Then me thinking in my head "why am I chiming in on this conversation like he cares about what I did today with MY kids like they are HIS?" But we DO have pics to prove I was his wife for a short moment!

The Whitmore's said...

Tammy....you are a LYRICAL GENIUS! This post made me laugh so hard! I love the HB! I love what you did with the photo! I love that you and the HB have so much fun together! I love the HB and I love you! xoxoxoAImo

Sandy said...

Wish I was closer so I could join the cult...