Saturday, January 9, 2010

much to my shagrin. . .


We did it.

And she couldn't be happier.

The reaction was priceless.

I actually think I saw a tear or some sort of salty discharge leaving the corner of her eye

But who can deny the ongoing pleadings of a kid who:

Has a 4.0
Babysits for us
Helps a ton with the babies
Keeps a pretty clean room
Practices piano with little complaining
Really is a good kid
And is actually paying for it with her hard earned money (which she claims is no big deal since she earns like a ton of money babysitting every month!)

It was a huge decision for us. Jim compared the phone to the OP shorts he wanted so badly in the 80's. For me it was the walkman I would have sold my baby sister for, had I been given the chance. Every generation has it's own version of the cell phone right? Bummer for the generation that wanted that 8-track or those pricey Girbaud jeans.

1 comment:

Grandma Ann said...

That is one happy teenager!!!!