Friday, July 18, 2008

Color Me Mine


FUN FRIDAY!!! That's what today and every Friday is. We go on an outing and do something fun as a reward for staying on track all week and getting stuff done. The girls picked Color Me Mine - a fun little place where you pick out a piece of overpriced plaster figurine or pottery and pay the equivalent of a mortgage payment to use their paints. Color me Expensive or Color me a Sucker is more like it.
Here's what you're gonna want to do should your daughter decide that she would like to visit this pricey potters/painters playground. Visit your local Michael's where they have $ .69 plaster figurines then hit the paint aisle and buy their craft paint for $.89. Take it home, put on some fun music, serve some snacks and BOOM you got yourself a FUN FRIDAY activity at a FUN price!
Color Me Mine-seriously? "When a loaf of bread looks like a meal" . . . no one has the right to charge anyone $50.00 for 30 minutes of fun (legal fun that is).

2 comments:

the New Mom said...

Ummmmmmmm I was just wondering if I could love your more. Did you really quote Grandpa Joe? (and did I really just pee my-d pants???) Oh my gosh! Tam......I love you so stink'n much! PS.....you're a great mom!

Laurel said...

I hate to admit it, but I have "color me sucker"ed before. you are so stinkin funny, I just can't stand it.