Wednesday, July 30, 2008

silence

Shhhhhh. Do you hear that? It's the sound of nothing. The sound of no one calling my name, no one fighting, no one to cook for, no one to ask me to take them somewhere, no one asking me where something is, no one to harass about doing chores.
It is also the sound of no laughter, telling jokes, hugging, tickling, saying I love you, praying with and tucking in at night, talking about random stuff, and being a mom.
I miss my girls
Can't wait until they come home
7 days is too long
(am I really saying that?!)

4 comments:

Laurel said...

i love love love this post.
I LOVE IT.
You are a mom. you are SUCH a mom. And I love it.

the New Mom said...

I love you Tam! You are an amazing mom! Thanks for being such a great example! Thanks for everything! Love you long time! xoxoxAmy (Hunington Idol, 2005)

Brooke said...

i'll keep you company!

Teri said...

It is silent until all of Tami's nieces and kids come over. Thanks SO MUCH for watching them last night! Hope Kaci was good for you and not too much trouble.